NVIDIA CUDA Professional Developer Program Study Guide
As part of the process of achieving the standards expected from an NVIDIA CUDA Professional Developer, all candidates are required to take a series of self-study lectures and exercises.
Please read this entire document before starting your study course.
The foundation of this training is provided by the text book, Programming Massively Parallel Processors: A Hands-on Approach, authors, David B. Kirk, Wen-mei W. Hwu.
You can also make use of podcasts in mp4 format of the lectures below; the reading assignments will help to make the lecture more productive, so please complete in advance.
- Introduction to GPU Computing (60.2 MB)
- Assignment please read Chapter 1 of Textbook
- CUDA Programming Model (75.3 MB)
- Assignment please read Chapter 2 of Textbook
- CUDA API (32.4 MB)
- Simple Matrix Multiplication in CUDA (46.0 MB)
- Assignment please read Chapter 3 of Textbook
- CUDA Memory Model (109 MB)
- Assignment please read Chapter 4 of Textbook
- Shared Memory Matrix Multiplication (81.4 MB)
- Additional CUDA API Features (22.4 MB)
- Useful Information on CUDA Tools (15.7 MB)
- Threading Hardware (140 MB)
- Assignment please read Chapter 5 of Textbook
- Memory Hardware (85.8 MB)
- Memory Bank Conflicts (115 MB)
- Parallel Thread Execution (32.6 MB)
- Control Flow (96.6 MB)
- Precision (137 MB)
Please download all the documents and files that are relevant to your operating system.
As part of the study process, please ensure you also download and study the following documents:
Additional CUDA Programming Tools and Compiler Documentation can be found at this link:
Please download the following additional documents:
Additional Course Exercises with Solutions (Supports CUDA Basics)
Additional Supporting Materials
NVIDIA is hosting a series of Webinars about the CUDA Architecture. NVIDIA staff is available during the presentations to answer questions, and the recordings are available for download.
For technical questions please use the public CUDA developer forums: